5100 Series Sliding Door System
Offering a wide breadth of configurations and functions, the 5100 series assures the architect and building owner a wide array of capabilities in ensuring the most safe, secure and attractive entranceway available by choosing from the following options:
Different operating modes:
• Automatic mode with full opening width
• Automatic mode with reduced opening width
• Automatic mode in one-way (exit only) for traffic control
• Adjustable reduced opening mode
• Continuously open: door opens and remains in open position; either full open or reduced opening width
• Off mode: door can be moved by hand
• Safety sensors (self-monitoring holding beams) in the clear opening of the door prevent the door from shutting if persons or objects are in the detection zone.
• Safety automatic reversing mechanism: if the door leaves are inhibited when closing, they are immediately re-opened (automatic reverse 2-step adjustable). If the door leaves are hindered when opening, they are immediately stopped.
• The position of the obstacle is stored and will be slowly approached during the next door movement.
• Even in the case of power failure, the emergency fail close or the emergency opening is assured by the optional emergency power options.
• Sidelite protection - Additional sensors located above the opening path of the door will slow the opening if a person or object will inhibit the door opening normally.
• Emergency battery: in the case of power failure, the optional battery back-up device will perform flawlessly (including all sensing devices) for hours. When the battery's capacity is low, the door slides to a pre-determined position (open, shut or locked). In the case of continued power failure, the shut and locked door can still be opened automatically by a key-operated impulse.
• Electro-mechanical locking device concealed in the operator casing.
• Systems for locking device surveillance and alarm.
• Door leaf surveillance.
• Night control with time switch, key-operated impulse, electronic encoding switch or building services control system.
• Interlock control: Continuous interlock control or only selectable by external contact (key-operated contact or building services control system).
• Communication module for data exchange with a higher-level building services control system.
• Integrated support for hydraulic closers in both SX (slide/swing) and SO (swing sidelite) panels.
• Built into the top rail, door closers are available when specified, to ensure the door closes and remains operable after emergency breakout egress.
• Recessed panic hardware is available for full-breakout and fixed panel applications which will comply with all existing exit codes.